Sabtu, 30 Juni 2018

Sponsored Links

Interstate 95 - AARoads - Virginia
src: www.aaroads.com

In the Commonwealth of Virginia, Interstate 95 ( I-95 ) runs 179 miles (288 km) between its borders with Maryland and North Carolina. I-95 coincides with I-64 for 3 miles (4.8 km) in Richmond, and meets the northern I-85 terminal in Petersburg. Although I-95 was initially planned as a highway through Washington, D.C. (following the route from what I now-395), it was diverted along the eastern part of the Capital Beltway. From Petersburg to Richmond, the I-95 is mostly Richmond-Petersburg Turnpike (the southern tip of the highway is at I-85.)

It enters Beltway Capital at Springfield Interchange, also known as Mixing Bowl. I-95 continues on Woodrow Wilson Bridge to Washington, D.C. (for 0.11 miles on the bridge), and then to Maryland on the Beltway.

The route between Fredericksburg, Virginia, and Springfield, Virginia, is consistently one of the most congested routes in the United States, especially during holidays and peak hours, due to the lack of alternative routes, often fewer lanes than required, Washington DC spread.


Video Interstate 95 in Virginia



Route description

From North Carolina to Petersburg

Interstate 95 continues the pattern of being a four-lane highway from North Carolina. The welcome center forbids trucks, but trucks stop at the first two intersections providing a replacement place for truckers to stay before reaching Emporia. North from here, I-95 and US 301 are often intertwined with each other when they meet an exchange with the Virginia Secondary State Route. In the Owens-Stony Creek area of ​​Sussex County, this road not only runs parallel to US 301 but also bridges with I-95, many of which have access to Route 301 from the connecting road. This pattern ends at Exit 33 on the corner of a truck stop and a popular travel center. Crossing the Sussex-Prince George County Line, the first site along I-95 is another rest area that also functions as the Petersburg Area Tourist Information Center. This road made a little turnover northeast between Carson and Templeton, then turned straight north again before approaching the southern end of Interstate 295 just before crossing the southern border of Petersburg City at Exit 47. A series of roads connecting intersections with US 460, US 301 and the north terminal of the Interstate 85. Immediately after the exchange with Interstate 85, the remnants of the former toll gate for the Richmond-Petersburg Turnpike can be found.

Petersburg via Richmond

In northern Petersburg, I-95 crosses the Appomattox River and enters Colonial Heights City and then Chesterfield County. Pocahontas Parkway and the remarkable Vietnam Veterans Memorial Bridge over I-95 and the James River just south of Richmond City Limit. The CSX railway runs parallel to the northern path around Richmond Harbor, and the Road Trade Industrial Area, an area that includes the offices of Philip Morris and the old bridge manufacturing plant. As I-95 alone crosses the James River, Main Street Station can be seen on the north bank, and winding roads around the station itself. The first exchange after crossing the James River is State Route 195 and from there the road winds toward the multiplex with Interstate 64. I-64/95 curves to the northwest to cross below US 1/301, only to return north briefly, and curve to the west when approaching VA 161. This pattern ends when I-64 turns west at the same intersection as the northern end of I-195. From here I-95 curve returns to the northeast and has two interchanges with US 1, and then US 301 separately, the latter having separate traffic lanes on both sides of I-95. Another exchange with Interstate 295 is in Glen Allen. However, I-295 does not stop there, and the southern-to-east and west-to-north ramps between them are accessible on the median of both roads.

Central Virginia to Washington, D.C.

In many parts of central Virginia, I-95 climbed a series of hills, and contained a wide tree median. Near the 100 marker miles at Doswell, the signs for Kings Dominion amusement park are mixed with standard destination signs. US 17 overlap I-95 from Massaponax at exit 126 to Falmouth at exit 133. A wide tree line boundary returns north from here. At Exit 143 at Aquia, the ramps north and on the ramp connect directly to US 1, although the intersection is specifically for VSR 610. Crossing Chopawamsic Creek takes I-95 through the Quantico Marine Base, which includes a limited arrangement. Northbound, the bi-directional HOV line begins, and runs through the I-95 center through most of the rest of its journey to D.C.

Further north in Prince William County, there are four rest areas; two for trucks in Dumfries, and two for cars in Dale City. Truck break area, with weigh stations, near exit 152. Car rest area has unique entry and exit ramp. The car rest area heading south, near exit 156, is accessible only from the collective road-the distributor headed south. In Lorton, the crossing of scissors is with AS 1, and shortly after Lorton Railway Station is located near exit 163. Due to public resistance to I-95 building efforts through Washington DC and College Park, Maryland, I-95 was diverted to multiplex with Interstate 495 at Springfield Interchange. I-95/495 moves east through Franconia, past the WMATA Blue Line and Rose Hill. In Huntington, I-95/495 runs under WMATA Yellow Line, and passes Alexandria before crossing Woodrow Wilson Bridge briefly to D.C., and then to Maryland.

Maps Interstate 95 in Virginia



Additional routes

Current

  • Interstate 195 is a short drive from north downtown Richmond south to downtown.
  • Interstate 295 is a bypass east of Richmond, from I-95 south of Petersburg, crossing Interstate 64 east of Richmond and I-95 north of Richmond to I-64 west of Richmond.
  • Interstate 395 is a branch of northern Springfield to downtown Washington, D.C. This is part of I-95 to 1977.
  • Interstate 495 is Capital Beltway, full circle around Washington, D.C. Since 1977, I-95 has been running along the eastern part.

Former

  • Interstate 595 is a planned branch of I-395 south to Washington National Airport along Route 1 US.
  • Interstate 795 is the planned number for the current I-95 from I-295 south of Petersburg to Interstate 85 in downtown Petersburg; I-95 will pass through Petersburg and Richmond to the east on I-295. Re-numbering was never performed because the toll has been removed from the Richmond-Petersburg Turnpike I-95 section.
  • State Route 895 is the Pocahontas Parkway, connecting from I-95 south east Richmond to I-295. It is not counted as an Interstate because the project opened as a toll road using federal funds, thus disqualifying it from the status of the Interstate.

Interstate 95 - Virginia (Exits 160 to 150) southbound (Express ...
src: i.ytimg.com


HOV facility

Interstate 95 extends the HOV line of a separate line of twin barrier that starts at I-395 at 14th Street Bridge in Washington. These lines have been extended to the south several times, last north to Stafford just before the exit of Garrisonville Road.

As part of the Quantico Creek bridge reconstruction project, a 300-foot (91 m) three-lane bridge was built in the median just south of the southern terminal of HOV for use when the HOV facility is extended. It was previously used as a rotating bridge and maintains striping paths from such use.

In December 2014, this bridge became part of the Southern HOV/HOT extension project which now operates north of Garrisonville Rd. (Exit 143) at Stafford.

The new I-95 HOV/HOT project produces about 29 miles (47 km) HOV/HOT line at I-95 from Garrisonville Rd. in Stafford County around Edsall Road on I-395 in Fairfax County.

In July 2016, VDOT began construction of an additional one mile (1.6 km) HOV/HOT extension extension on I-95 south of Garrisonville Rd. in Stafford County. This addition was opened in November 2017.

Interstate 95 North - Stafford & Prince Williams Counties ...
src: www.aaroads.com


Maps


Interstate 95 - Virginia (Exit 11) northbound - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com


Welcome center, rest area and weigh stations

  • Northern Virginia Welcome Center: Milepost 1, north of VA State Line
  • Welcome Center in North Petersburg: Milepost 35 between Exit 33 and 37
  • The Carson Weigh Station: Milepost 40 between Exit 37 and 41
  • Ladysmith Rest Area: Milepost 108 between Exit 104 and 110
  • Fredericksburg South Farewell Area: Milepost 132 between Exit 130 and 133
  • Dumfries Break Area and Weigh Station: Milepost 153 between Exit 152 and 156
  • Dale City Break Area: Milpost 155 between Exit 152 and 156

Interstate 95 - AARoads - Virginia
src: www.aaroads.com


Exit list


I-95 & More: Richmond, VA - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com


Usage

In 2010, the volume in Newington, north, from 6-9 am, about 8,800 vehicles on two HOV lanes, and 18,300 vehicles on three lanes without restrictions.

Interstate 95 North - Stafford & Prince Williams Counties ...
src: www.aaroads.com


References


Interstate 95 - Virginia (Exits 150 to 143) southbound (Local ...
src: i.ytimg.com


External links

  • Exitlists.com (I-95)
  • I-95 Resting Area in Virginia (I-95 Exit Information Guide)
  • Driver Directory - State Weigh Station in Virginia


Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments