Sabtu, 30 Juni 2018

Sponsored Links

Interstate 75 North - Cordele to Macon - AARoads - Georgia
src: www.aaroads.com

Interstate 75 (bb> I-75 ) in the US state of Georgia runs north-south along the 41 US Route 41 corridor on the western side of the state, the cities of Valdosta, Macon, and Atlanta. It is also designated - but not signed - as State Route 401 ( SRÃ, 401 ). In downtown Atlanta, I-75 joins I-85 as Downtown Connector.


Video Interstate 75 in Georgia



Route description

I-75 is the longest Interstate Highway in Georgia. It enters near Valdosta, and continues north through the towns of Tifton and Cordele until it reaches the Macon area, where it cuts with I-16 eastward toward Savannah. For northern traffic to avoid potential bottlenecks in Macon, the I-475 provides a relatively straightforward shortcut to the west of the city and the I-75 route.

After Macon passes through the small town of Forsyth. The freeway does not reach the main junction again until the metropolitan area of ​​Atlanta. The first metropolitan metro line met was I-675, then followed by Atlanta's "Perimeter", I-285 bypass. Cross in Perimeter and head northeast a few miles downtown Atlanta. I-75 then runs simultaneously with I-85 as it is north on top of the Downtown Connector through the Atlanta business district district. After the two Interstates are divided, I-75 creates a coastline to the northwest, crossing beyond I-285 Perimeter and into the main city of Marietta. Part I-75 to the north of I-285 has 15 lanes, making it the widest path anywhere on the Interstate Highway System. North of Marietta, the last major intersection in the Atlanta metropolitan area is the I-575 spur. I-75 then traverses the hilly northern Georgia area while traveling to Chattanooga, Tennessee.

The 180-mile (290 km) I-75 section of I-475 to I-24 in Chattanooga is one of the six longest continuous paths in the United States (some segments along this corridor have as many as 16 lines).

Due to the recent widening in southern Georgia, the only part of the four I-75 lines in Georgia is bypassed by six I-475 lines; along this route there are at least six lines from Florida's Turnpike in Wildwood, Florida to I-24 in Chattanooga.

Maps Interstate 75 in Georgia



History

1950s

The highway that eventually became I-75 in Georgia was an unnamed toll road that opened in 1951 from southern Atlanta to University Avenue. It's projected from University Avenue to Williams Street in downtown Atlanta. This highway opened from Williams Street to what is now the northern end of Downtown Connector. It was also proposed from Downtown Connector to the northwestern part of Atlanta. By the end of 1953, the highway was signed as US $ 19/US $ 41 as far north as Lakewood Avenue. It's being built from Downtown Connector to Howell Mill Road. It was proposed from Howell Mill Road to the northwestern part of Atlanta. By mid 1954, the highway was signed as SR 295 from Lakewood Avenue to University Avenue. It's being built from Connector Downtown to USÃ, 41/SR 3E, to the north of West Paces Ferry Road. In mid-1955, a highway was being built from University Avenue to Glenn Street. It's open from Williams Street to US $ 41/SR 3E in the middle of Atlanta. In mid 1957, the highway opened from University Avenue to Glenn Street. It is also open from Williams Street to USÃ, 41/SR 3E in northwest Atlanta.

1960s

In the mid-1960s, a short segment on the southeast of Williams Street opened. In mid-1963, I-75 was signed. It's open from Florida country line to US $ 41/SR 7 in Unadilla. It's being built from Unadilla to the north from the Crawford-Bibb county line. It's open from SRÃ, 148 in Bolingbroke to US 23/SR 42 north-northwest of Forsyth. It's open from Glenn Street to Washington Street in downtown Atlanta. It is being built from US $ 41/SR 3 in northwest part of Atlanta to the north intersection with I-285. It's also being built from SR 53 in Calhoun to the state line of Tennessee. Between 1963 and 1965, it opened from US $ 41/SR 7 at Unadilla to Hartley Bridge Road in south-southwest Macon. It was proposed from Hartley Bridge Road to I-16 in Macon. It's being built from I-16 to the northern intersection with I-475 near Bolingbroke. It's open from Bolingbroke to near Forsyth. It's being built from there to SR 155 south of McDonough. It was proposed from there to SR 54 at Morrow. It's being built from Morrow to US $ 19/US $ 41 west of Morrow. It was proposed from an exchange to SR 331 at the Forest Park. It's open from Forest Park to West Paces Ferry Road in northwest Atlanta. It's being built from there to SR 120 in Marietta. It was proposed from Marietta to SR 140 in Adairsville. It's being built from Adairsville to SR 53 in Calhoun. It's open from Calhoun to the state line of Tennessee. In 1966, the highway opened from the Florida state line to the southern intersection with I-475 near Macon. It's open from I-16 to US $ 23/SR. 42 near Forsyth. It's open from Forest Park to the north junction with I-285. In 1967, it was being built from US $ 80/SR 74 to I-16 on Macon. It is being built from near Forsyth to US/19/USÃ, 41 west of Morrow exchange. It's open from Forest Park to SR 120 in Marietta. It's being built from SR 120 to Allgood Road in Marietta. In 1968, the highway opened US $ 23/SR. 42 near Forsyth to SR 20 at McDonough. It's being built from McDonough to SRÃ, 54 at Morrow. It's open from Morrow to Allgood Road in Marietta. It's being built from US 411/SR 61 near Cartersville to SR 140 in Adairsville. In 1969, the highway was being built from a southern intersection with I-475 to I-16 in Macon. It is open from I-16 to Allgood Road in Marietta.

1970s

In 1971, it was open from the Florida country line to Allgood Road in Marietta. In 1973, it was being built from Marietta to SR 92 at Acworth. In 1974, a highway was being built from Emerson to US 411/SR 61 near Cartersville. The last segment of I-75 in Georgia, located between Emerson and Cartersville, opened on December 21, 1977.

1980s

Work to improve the path from six to eight on I-20, I-75, I-85, and I-285 and ten lanes on the city center connector involving 126 miles in total and has been phased out over 13 years between 1976 and 1988. Campaign The increase also includes elimination of sharp curves and values, left hand exists, excessive exchange, and short acceleration/deceleration paths. So to offer a short cut around construction through the city center, the perimeter road (I-285) is completed first. The radiating traffic is then upgraded, and the last stage is the reconstruction of distressed parts through downtown Atlanta. In June 1983, about $ 252 million in discretionary funds had been used to complete most of the highways except for some of the main interchanges and parts of the city center. Eight miles from the city center, which includes a 4.4 mile long central connector, is the most complicated part of the entire reconstruction. The work began in 1984, and that included redesigning the great exchange between I-20 and I-75/85 on Memorial Drive where much mileage was in the structure. The downtown connector should be widened to ten lanes, and this requires a good bit of road acquisition. Many bridges, including the bridge 55 above the connector portion, must be designed and built.

With the completion of the Memorial Drive junction in November 1988, one of the major interstate urban highway reconstruction projects at the end of the 20th century has been completed. The Atlanta metro toll system stands out for lane capacity and high design standards. The $ 1.4 billion cost-price tag to rebuild Atlanta interstate metro is about the same as what's spent on building statewide systems.

When done

In addition to the general-purpose paths added in the 1980s, provisions for high-capacity occupancy lines (HOV) and dedicated on-ramp at Williams Street, Piedmont Avenue and Memorial Drive were built, and then converted into the use of HOV in 1996 in Downtown Connector. In 1996, the HOV line was also added from I-285 on the south side of Atlanta to I-285 on the north side of Atlanta.

In 1998, I-75 portions from the Chattahoochee River north to the Tennessee state line were named Larry McDonald Memorial Highway . Larry McDonald, a conservative Democratic vice-president for Congress, climbed to Korean Air Lines Flight 007 when the plane was shot down by the Soviets on September 1, 1983. He was the only congressman seated and reportedly killed by the Soviets during the Cold War.

I-75 was also named as Horace E. Tate Freeway between I-85 and I-285 in the northwest of downtown Atlanta, in honor of Horace E. Tate, who was a State senator in 1974.

Until 2000, the state of Georgia used a sequential interchange numbering system on all of its Interstate Highways. The first exit on each highway will start with the number "1" and increase numerically with each exit. In 2000, the Georgian Department of Transportation switched to a mileage-based out system, where outgoing numbers corresponded to the closest milepost.

In March 2007, I-75 in Atlanta (the HOV road serving Northside Drive) was the scene of the Bluffton University bus accident.

In January 2017, a new Peach Pass expressway was opened.

Georgia DOT Proposes Trucks-Only Lanes Along I-75 Near Atlanta ...
src: www.ttnews.com


Exit list

Note: exit numbers along Interstate Georgia were numbered back in 1999 and 2000 to be mileage based instead of sequential.

Albums - AARoads
src: www.aaroads.com


Related routes

There are three additional Interstate highways linked to I-75 in Georgia and a proposed fourth. I-175 is the proposed push from Albany northeast to Cordele. The road was built, but not as a highway; it is the SR 300, Florida-Georgia Parkway. I-475 is a Western bypass from Macon, shortening the journey for through I-75 traffic. I-575 splits from nearby Marietta to Canton and Nelson, and I-675 is a cutoff from I-75 south of northern Atlanta to Interstate 285 (Atlanta perimeter) Ã, - east of I-75.

In addition, there are three I-75 business routes in the state. One Business Round I-75 (BL I-75) runs through the center of Valdosta largely coinciding with the U.S. Route. 221. The second BL I-75 runs through downtown Tifton most of which coincides with Route 41 US, and others that run through Cordele. There's a former business route in Adel-Sparks.

Atlanta Georgia traffic pattern on I 75 Stock Photo: 6746893 - Alamy
src: l450v.alamy.com


See also

  • U.S. Road Portal.
  • Georgia Portal (U.S. state)

Interstate 75 North - Cordele to Macon - AARoads - Georgia
src: www.aaroads.com


References


Atlanta Georgia traffic pattern on I 75 Stock Photo: 6746883 - Alamy
src: c8.alamy.com


External links

  • I-75 di Panduan Interstate


Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments